Hello my lovely hazelnutty praline chocolates,
You probably are in the mood for a sweet, romantic Valentine’s day, as you clicked on this blog post. Even though I’m not sure yet what I’ll do on Valentine’s day, I feel like doing a sparkly, innocent, but still sexy, captivating look. I know, it’s a mouthful, hahaha! In other words, some berry shades, pinks, shimmers and purples.
But hey, I think we all wish to look beautiful for our loved ones. And as this person loves you, they of course think you are the most amazing beautiful being in this world. But I do find it fun and exciting to do something extra to make them feel loved even more…
I’m doing a longer post for some extra pampering today. But if you’re here for the eye look only, just scroll on down :).
- Scrubbing your skin
I don’t recommend you doing it the same day as you might have some redness. I usually do it the day before. It isn’t the moment to try out new products though :p (you never know with skin rash and whatnot), but if it’s a product you often use, then it’s fine. I like to use a soft scrub like my Neogen pads (recently featured in my favorites post). This will give you a smooth surface to apply your make up on.
- Sheet Mask
Giving your skin some love will definitely make your make up more beautiful! If you have time, use a sheet mask, because it not only helps your makeup stay on longer, but makes you look more radiant, glowy and moisturized. My favorite is Lululun Premium Peach. Let it sit for 15 min, take it off and massage the excess into the skin. Make some tapping motions with your fingers to stimulate the blood circulation. Yes, it helps if you like some naturally flushed cheeks.
Make up – Face
Now we get to the good stuff :p. In my opinion, when you’ve used a sheet mask, there’s no need to use a primer. But feel free to use it, if you think you’ll need it. I’ll just jump right into the foundation.
- Current Fav: Etude House Double Lasting Foundation in Tan N06
- Blended with: An oval brush I bought at Kruidvat.
- Current Fav: Etude House BIG Cover Concealer Skin Fit Pro in N06
- Blended with: ring finger
- Current Fav: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hours Blush in First Class
- Applied with: my blush brush from Morphe Brushes. I don’t have a number as it came in a small set…
You’ll notice I’m not using any bronzer or highlighter, but I feel like you sometimes look younger and more natural without any bronzer. And I usually use highlighter when I want to be extra glamorous. For the hubby, I just think less is more :). Of course, you do you!
Make up – Eyes
I didn’t pick a specific pallet out to make this look. I used several pallets (just because I don’t have singles :p, waste of money in my opinion). It’s about the choice of the colors, but you can definitely use any eyeshadow you like…
- Deep Berry shade on the outer 3rd, applied with a dense brush and blended out with a blending brush (using windshield motion). Here I used Hell Ride from the Urban Decay Born To Run pallet.
- Using the same brush I took a berry purple shade that blends out nicely. You all know from a recent post that my favorite is Starfish on Rock from the Etude House Play Colour Eyes Beach Party Pallet. I used this shade to blend out the previous shade on the edges.
- Then I busted out my Urban Decay Naked 3 pallet and applied Dust (a sparkly light pink shade) over the center and inner third of the eye with a flat shader brush.
- I went in again with Hell Ride (that berry shade) to add more color.
- I then darkened my outer corner with a very dark purple/pink. Here I used Blackheart from UD Naked 3, one of my favorite shades of this pallet.
- Time to add the sparkles! I used my beloved Etude House Mirror Holic Liquid Eyes in PK002 Rose Ice Wine (a pinky gold glitter gel). I blended it out with my ring finger.
- I lined my lower lash line with the Berry shade (Hell Ride) again
- I decided to line my eyes with a brown gel liner. You can always use black for some extra drama. It’s also more sexy, but I felt like going for a softer look. here I used the Labiotte Gel liner in Deep Brown. I also used a pearly white to highlight the browbone and inner corner (Strange from UD Naked 3).
- On the lower lash line I used a brown mascara Etude House Dual Wide Eyes in Rose Brown. On the Upper lashes I first put a coat of Essence get BIG lashes Volume Boost and topped it with Essence Volume Hero Mascara.
Make up – Lips & Setting Spray
I love a soft wearable rosy, red lip! I’ve been into shine. As you know, I’m so over the dry matt lips :p.
- 1 layer: Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk in BE101
- 1 layer: Yves Saint Laurent Lipstick Volupté Plump-in-Colour nr3
- Setting spray: Catrice Illuminating Prime and Fine Dewy Glow Fixing Spray
Et voilà! I hope you enjoyed this look and reading this with me. I know it was a long one :p!
Anyhows lovelies, enjoy your week!