Hi my sweet buttercups!
I haven’t posted an eyeshadow look for a very long time. The truth is that in the winter, I was only feeling like doing neutral looks (I probably also said it last year :p). And I actually wasn’t really inspired. I purchased the Urban Decay Afterdark palette, which I will review at some point. But even that didn’t inspire me to do some more fun looks.
However, towards the end of December, I got my hands on the Jaclyn Hill Morphe palette. There is something about the colors that really resonates with me. So I instantly got itchy to start playing around with these vibrant shades. I will review this pallet soon, but I’d like to play around with it a bit more. So here’s my first look:
I always like to start off with the eyes after priming my face, so that it can settle on my skin. I also don’t like to deal with fall out. I’ll list below the shades I used from the Jaclyn Hill Pallet (underlined). You can see these shadows on the picture of the pallet below.
- I first primed my eyes with Essence I love Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base. Then I blended the shade MFEO in the crease and around.
- Using the same brush, I blended on top of MFEO the shade Pooter, which is a deeper cooler toned brown.
- With a flat shader brush, I applied Sissy all over the lid.
- On the outer third I applied with a denser brush the shade Cranapple.
- Going in with Pooter again, I blended everything out in the crease (because as you can see, I first took it too much to the inner corner, I now balanced it out).
- I then applied foundation, concealer, setting powder, blush and highlight, finished the brows and then went back to the eyes. As a brow bone highlighter I used the shade Enlight. All along the lower lash line, I applied Jada.
- With an angled brush I patted on the outer half of my lower lash line the shade Diva (which is such a classy color!).
- Using the same angled brush I patted Pool Party on the inner half of my lower lash line.
- I finished off by lining my upper lash line with the Essence Kajal Pencil in 01 Black and set that liner with the shade Abyss. In the inner corner of the eyes, I applied a bit of Beam. I curled my lashes and used my Essence I Love Extreme Waterproof Mascara.
Face, Brows & Lips
- Primer: Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray
- Foundation: Diorskin Star Foundation in 020
- Concealer: Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer
- Setting powder: RCMA No-color Powder (only under the eyes, around the nose, forehead and chin)
- Brows: FREEDOM PRO HD Brow Palette Medium Dark
- Bronzer: Diorskin Nude Air Glow Powder in 002 (along the cheeks, jawline and forehead)
- Blush & Highlighter: Essence Winter Dreamin’ 2in1 Highlighter & Powder
- Lips: Marc Jacobs Lip Creme in Slow Burn 246
- Setting Spray: Skindinivia The Makeup Finishing Spray Bridal
So here is the finished look again.
I’ve been very happy with how my skin looks lately… It’s been a long time I haven’t used a filter when taking pictures. I’ve always been diligent with my skincare routine. But this time around, I do feel that my skin is really looking healthy, like it’s glowing from within. I dare say, it’s because of the products I’ve recently been using… But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I’ll finish up the bottles first and hopefully it’ll last me more than a month. This will give me more insight for a better review.
I hope you guys, enjoyed this post. There are still some looks with this pallet coming up. And as long as the inspiration juice is flowing, I’m creating some new looks, which gets me super excited haha :D!
Have a lovely day, beautifuls and I’ll talk to you soon!!