I hope you’ve had a lovely start of the week and that your weekend was awesome! I got to spend my Sunday with my bestie, working on some wedding ideas. We drew, painted, had a good laugh and some serious talks… It loaded me full of energy to start off my week!
You already saw the title, but does it surprise you I’m back on this blog with another cleanser? I know, I use them up like there’s no tomorrow! When I used up my Nivea cleanser (see my review here), I got my birthday gift card just in time to do some damage at my favorite drugstore Kruidvat! I couldn’t choose, so I picked up the L’Oréal Cleansing milk and cream. Let’s compare the two.
L’Oréal Paris Delicate Flowers Milk
The product: A cleansing milk that you are supposed to massage onto your skin and removed by using cotton pads, leaving your skin clean and moisturized. It is dermatologically tested and is meant for dry and sensitive skin. It also says to use a lotion afterwards to clean the residu’s.
The product costs 6,99€ for 400ml.
My experience: I massaged this product on my dry skin and used a couple of cotton pads to remove the make up. While rubbing it in, I notice that the smell is lovely. It is a mix of roses and jasmine. As I massage my eyes to remove all the make up, I notice that it doesn’t sting my eyes, but it doesn’t feel comfortable either. It makes my eyes a little bit sensitive, like almost stinging but not quite yet.
I rinse it off, but notice that I look like a panda (you know my love for waterproof make up). So I take another pump of the product and massage it again. Even then I feel like it doesn’t remove everything. After several pumps of product, I manage to take off the most of the make up. The rest of the eye make up I take off, by using one cotton pad with my favorite drugtore micellar water.
I’m not a huge fan about the fact that:
- I have to use cotton pads to remove the make up. Because each time I have to use a lot. Plus I don’t feel like it removes all my make up. After the 3rd wipe of the cotton pad, it feels uncomfortable to rub on the skin. I also get that waterproof make up is a pain to remove. But still… It shouldn’t look like it’s smearing all over my face. I look like a tribal war soldier…
- I have to use a lot of product to remove everything. Twice or even thrice as much of the Nivea product I used previously.
- it says you need to also use the lotion… I’m sorry, but why do I have to buy another product on top, while this one only should remove everything just fine…
I’ve used cleansers before that do not require as much product and I’m not about to spend a ton of cotton pads each day… So I tried to use it on my face and rinse it off with water. This works quite well. The texture of the lotion is so creamy, that it doesn’t mingle well with the water. But also here, I need to take a cotton pad with some micellar water to remove everything.
Afterwards, my skin does feel nice, soft and hydrated.
L’Oréal Paris Delicate Flowers Cream
The product: Actually claims to do the same as the L’Oréal Paris Delicate Flowers Milk.
It retails for 9,99€ for 200ml. So this is a lot more expensive than the Milk!
My experience: The cream feels twice as thick as the milk (which wasn’t a very runny texture either and quite creamy to start with). I massage it onto the skin and it stays quite creamy. A huge difference with the Nivea or Clinique cleansing balm is that those start to dissolve in water quite rapidly. This cream is not water based, so it feels very thick on the skin. I continue massaging it around my eyes to make sure that my waterproof mascara dissolves completely! I rinse it off, but also need to go in with a cotton pad and some micellar water to remove everything.
I notice that this cleans a bit more thoroughly than the milk.
My overall conclusion
- It bothers me, because it takes me twice as much time to clean my face.
- I have to use way more product. I actually don’t feel that my face is clean if I take the product off with a cotton pad, like written on the packaging. The cotton pad can also feel quite harsh on the skin, which is why I prefer rinsing the milk/cream off with water. I always go back in with a cotton pad and some micellar water, because the waterproof mascara actually smudges everywhere on my face and I can’t impossibly take it off with just the product.
- I like the scent… It’s quite strong though. I love Jasmin and Roses, so to me it smells heavenly!
- This product is super moisturizing!
Would I recommend it?
- You don’t use that much make up. Not everybody wears waterproof mascara either.
- You have a dry skin and need that extra moisture.
Than yes, I recommend it! If you like fuss free and fast… Nope, just skip it…
The cream is a bit better at removing make up than the milk, but I don’t find the difference to be huge. You get more product for a better price with the milk than the cream, so I’d rather recommend the milk… But if you have very very dry skin, the cream is quite thick and nice!
I hope you found this review helpful. I didn’t include any pics, but they weren’t exactly flattering haha! You get the picture though…
I’ll talk to you guys in my next post! (PS: BuJo post June will be coming up next Sunday)